From:
Sandy Boek Werness <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Boek Werness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:16:31 -0500

Hi, we have been going to Carraba's Italian Grill in Reston, Va., lately,
and must relate that we have had mixed experiences.  They have a gluten free
menu.  Out of the 4 times there in the past month or so, one time they put
pasta in the soup, which we discovered in time, thank goodness, but the last
time, although I stressed the situation with the waitress (we always stress
this with our waitpersons), and she punched in the info. correctly, they
served the cesar salad with crumbs of croutons, which we only discovered
when our daughter had mostly finished the salad.  We spoke with the kitchen
manager, who obviously had not supervised the salad making, even though he
prepared the main meal himself, who apologized and comp'd our meal (not our
desire - we just wanted our child not to get sick).  My husband said it was
too late to make her throw up, and, yes, she is ill, and probably will
continue to be for several days.
    I do not know if we will return, but our family really needs a
restaurant to go to, and we do like the food there, so we shall see. Kevin,
the kitchen manager, said he is there every day except Wed. and we should
talk to him personally each time we come.
    Carrabas keeps clean bowls at the ready in the refrigerator, but for
whatever reason the help did not use one.  Around here the help is often not
literate, and rarely able to speak English.
    Just thought I would pass on the word.  It seems like it is always
something and you just can't trust in anyone else.
    Thanks,
    Sandy NoVa