Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 00:20:01 EDT

Along with the info I received for Branson, were recommendations for both
Silver Dollar City and Kimberling City:

Silver Dollar City:

Buckshot's-ate the harvest skillet.  Another listmate noted the smoke
flavoring in the ham in this dish is from  charred wood (very sensitive--no
reaction).
Also at Silver Dollar  City:  Someone checked on the potatoes that are made
in a big wok type thing -- there are sweet potatoes, white potatoes, onion,
garlic and green peppers for sure.  They just fry them in oil and you can  get
a big bowl of those.

We have also eaten the popcorn and kettle corn -- I  checked out the
ingredients with the person at the little stand.

Wagonwheel Restaurant:   Kabobs.  (Get there early because they run out).

The Mill Restaurant (located on the  Square, Silver Dollar City) is a full
buffet including salad bar
> and  some of the items should meet your needs.  The Wagon  Works Grill
> (also on the Square) serves items from its  grill that are perfect for a
> gluten-free diet including Whole Turkey  Legs, Beef Kabobs and Chicken
> Kabobs.  The  Mine Restaurant (located below the Mill) is another full
>  buffet that has a few select dishes that would be acceptable.  I  would
> like to let you know that the hamburgers we serve do have a  flavor
> enhancer mixed in the ground chuck and therefore would not be  within the
> guidelines.
>
> As you enjoy your day at  Silver Dollar City and are deciding on
> where to eat, please feel free to  ask about your diet needs at any of our
> restaurants.  In some cases  the posted menus may not include something
> for you  but the  restaurant maybe able to serve a special dish for you.
E-mail Mark Momany
> Food Division Manager,  at
>[log in to unmask]  for more  info.

Kimberling City Summary:

Kimberling City is a small community and we only have a  very few restaurants
-- no chains.

The Pier at the Kimberling Inn.   They can make you a GF meal with no
problems.  You would have to explain  your needs to the server and ask what they can
do for you.  I think that my  friend has some kind of nut crusted chicken with
a baked potato and green  salad.  I understand that it is open in the
evenings only.

 RT's Restaurant at the Hillbilly  Bowl in the Kimberling Shopping Center.
Usually orders just a plain  chopped steak, baked potato and green salad with
oil and vinegar. It is a  mom and pop place open in the evenings only I think.
The green beans and  whole kernel corn that they serve with your meal are
both ok. if they are not  busy, they will grill walleye for you with the same
side dishes as above.   I believe that they also have grilled chicken breast.

Rundys Bar & Grill (north of  Kimberling City on Route 13).  They have the
best burgers in the Ozarks or  so they say.  Glenn has taken his own hamburger
bun and then had them  prepare a grilled burger with a baked potato and side
salad.  They have a  grilled chicken breast salad that you can get but you need
to ask them to not  marinade the chicken breast.  Sometimes they can and
sometimes they  can't.  They serve lunch and then in the evening, they have steaks,
fish,  etc

There are other small mom and pop restaurants in Branson West and a Pizza
Hut, Taco Bell and McDonalds (presently closed) which is about 4-5 miles north
of Kimberling City, but we have not had any luck with any of them.

We do have two grocery stores in Kimberling City, both of which have a nice
assortment of regular foods.  Harter House has an old fashioned butcher  shop
and we get nearly all of our meat there.  There is a Country Mart and  Super
Walmart in Branson West, so you can get other things there.  In the  Claybough
Plaza in Branson West (corner of Hwy 13 and 76) there is a Herb Shop  that
carries a few GF things, but not much.

Aromas -- New Coffee/Ice Cream Shop in Kimberling  City

Our new coffee/ice cream shop has opened in Kimberling  City.  I went in
there today and checked out their offerings.

So far, I have found the following info:

Blue Bunny soft serve ice cream -- all GF per  800-331-0830  (actually, all
of their ice cream and treats are GF except  for obvious flavors containing
cookie dough, wafers, etc.  Aromas just has  vanilla, chocolate or swirl soft
serve.

Yarnells Ice Cream -- all GF except obvious flavors  containing cookie dough,
wafers, etc. per 800-766-2414.

Caffe DAmore Botanica Fruitea Infusions -- 800-999-0171 --  there is no
gluten in any of their products, so you would just need to make sure  what they add
to the ice drinks that contain this product

Coffee -- Allegro beans -- all are ground on the  premises.  800-666-4869 --
all their coffee is GF.

Stirling Coffee Syrups -- 800-332-1714 -- Gluten  Free