From:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:18:54 -0400

I contacted Starbucks Customer Relatiuons for information on their Tazo Chai
Latte Tea.  The response I got was one of those disapointing "double talk"
non-answers.  They responded that the tea is gluten free, but contains
natural flavors which might have gluten.

I wrote back to point out this doesn't really answer my question, and they
basically repeated the same response.Of course, this tells me no more than I
could get from reading the ingredients label, amnd leaves me again in the
position of guessing whether the product is gf or not.

I have seen postings on this list regarding Starbucks gf products, but this
leaves me quite concerned as to whether this info can be trusted.  I no
longer want to purchase anything from them.  I don't feel confident as to
the gluten status.  I have no respect for a company which is unwilling to
state clearly one way or the other what is in their products.

unfortunately, my inquiry wasn't on my own behalf, but for my teenage
daughter who loves starbucks.  It was a place she could go hang out with
friends and have what everyone else is having.  She is having a very tough
time staying gf, and I hate to take this away from her.  Does anybody have
definitive info about starbucks drinks which are gf?  (she esp. loves the
frozen sweet stuff).  many thanks, Lynn