From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:29:43 -0700

Thank you for your responses. They are as follows:

I've really enjoyed "dosas". It's a weird concept, but easy. Basically, you:

1. Soak 1 cup rice and 1 cup beans or lentils (plain rice is ok too)  in
water for a day.
2. Rinse, then grind them up in a blender or food processer.
3. Let them ferment for a day or two.
4. Use the resulting paste to make crackers, pancakes, or whatever.

They are really, really easy to digest, and the dough keeps in
the fridge for a week or three. You can make a bunch of different
bready things from the dough: tortillas, muffins, or pita. But they
taste better than anything I've had to date, and digest easily. Also
they are very "robust", even without xanthan gum or whatever.

Several people recommended Dr. Schar's crackers, one person suggested
Glutano pretzles, several liked Glutano crackers, and one person likes
Costco Crunch master rice crackers.

If any new response come in, I'll send along another summary later.

Sue

*******
*******