From:
Adam Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:20:02 -0400

For people that are sensitive to vinegar what do your reactions feel like?
Are the reactions similar to what you feel when you ingest gluten?
Do you get them from any amount of vinegar... like the small amounts you might find in mayonnaise or barbeque sauce?
Or does it take a lot, like what you would get with a vinegar dressing or a heavy vinegar based salsa.
Do certain types of vinegar affect you but not others?  (Balsamic, apple cider, etc..)

I've had a strange stomach pains on and off for the past couple months.  It is heavily affected by stress, but I am thinking there might be a slight correlation with vinegar as well.  It comes and goes a lot so it is difficult to tell.

It kinda feels like heartburn,  antacids don't help,  but snacking seems to make it better.  It is usually mild enough that it doesn't bother me, but when I lay down at night I notice it the most.  Strangely if I stretch my arms behind my head it seams to help as well.   My Doctor and I don't believe it has anything to do with ingesting Gluten (I have been very careful).  He thinks it is IBS.

Anyways....

Thanks for your time.  I appreciate any input you have.

Take care,
Adam Schroeder