Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 19:06:37 EDT

I got an email from an British celiac who will be in Milwaukee for a family
wedding.  As part of their stay in the US, they plan to travel to Washington,
DC on Amtrak and   spend a few day sightseeing before flying back to Milwaukee.

I can help in Milwaukee and he has an email to the DC group.  I'm concerned
about the availability of food on the train.  Three or so years ago someone was
going to approach Amtrak about getting g.f. meals but I that's the last I
heard of it.

The Amtrak website says travelers can bring food, but regulations prohibit
Amtrak  from refrigerating or heating/cooking it...

Any information or experiences anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Bev in Milwaukee