ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 05:25:27 -0500
Hello All,

Now that I've tricked my ISP to let me actually send e-mail out of the
hotel here in Green Bay, WI via dial up connection, I can give you an
update.

They took him down for surgery around 7:00AM yesterday, knowing it was
approximately a four hour surgery, I got a little nervous when we didn't
hear anything at noon. Finally I asked the volunteer desk, the folks who
keep you posted when patients are out of surgery and etc., she took us to
a room  where some folks contacted the surgeon in the operating room and
we found out he was doing just fine, but they got a later start on the
operation. Later the surgeon met with us and  he said he did very well,
only having to do four of the five bypasses they originally thought, and
came off the heart and lung machine with no problems. Later we visited
with him for a few minutes every hour as he came off of anesthesia, yikes
that sure makes one feel helpless, but he did great. Eventually he  came
off the breathing tube and could talk a little bit. Other than a quite
nasty nagging pain where the chest tube is inserted to drain blood and
fluid around the heart, he is doing great. Even in yet a paralyzed state
from anesthesia, he knew we were there and nodded when we asked him
questions and etc. Last night he was of course in pain with the chest tube
and morphined up but yet congiscent enough to argue with my mom between
painful groans that I ought go back to the hotel with her rather than stay
at the hotel, I conceded to  give him peace and he needed a full night's
rest anyway without interruptions. When we left  despite groaning from
pain and etc. asked for another smooch from my mom before we left. You
could tell he wanted us to go, but yet didn't want us to go. Calling this
morning and talking to his nurse, he had a great night's rest and later
will be sitting up in the chair for a bit and etc. We're headed over to
visit him at 9:30AM. I have got to tell you seeing my dad in such pain and
laying there sure makes me wish I could be the one taking the pain and not
him, one feels so helpless to aid. There is only so much one can say. I
ensured him that he is doing excellent despite his pain and etc. and he
likely doesn't feel like he is doing excellent, and that I was praying for
his recovery. He said "He answers prayer". My dad is not one to talk about
quote, "religion", but I think perhaps this has brought him closer to
making his beliefs more real to him and less afraid to talk perhaps.

Thank you all for the prayers. I'll keep you updated as we go if
interested.

Brad