ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:10:30 -0600
     My daughter in law called me Friday afternoon to see if I had any
time to pray.  she had taken time off work that afternoon due to the
emotional sadness she was experiencing because the miscarriage she
had.  Fridays I normally don't schedule any appointments for prayer
session, except for situations like this, when people call on the fly
as it were, because they need prayer.  I told her I had plenty of time
so she decided to take a shower and then come over.

     In the shower, and to keep her mind off the feelings she was
having about the miscarriage, she was singing praise and worship songs
to herself.  Suddenly, and without warning, she heard a tiny baby
laughing in her thoughts.  She stopped and listened.  A voice spoke
and said, "See, Donna?  Your baby gets to play with Jesus."

     When she came over to pray, the first question she asked me was
if that was God speaking or the Enemy.  Here is what I told her.

     If it had been the Enemy speaking, there likely would have been
no followup as to the explanation.  In other words, it would have been
a mocking taunt which was used to torment her.  The Enemy also, if he
did talk, would have said things such as, "See?  You aren't worth
having a baby or the Lord would have given you one.  He isn't worth
trusting.  You might as well forget having any children because you
aren't worth it.  If you were, God would have allowed it.  Go ahead.
Admit it.  God killed your baby."  These are but a few of the things
he might say; I've heard much more sinister.

     As we pray that afternoon, the Lord healed Donna in a number of
places.  He even showed her, in her thinking, the ultra sounds and
told her that He would take care of everything.  He additionally
gathered up all the older memories which had negative words, hurtful
words, and painful things that people had said to her over the years
relating to the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome she has.  I have seen this
occur many times and knew what it was as soon as she reported all
these memories were flashing in and out of her mind very rapidly.  I
told her just to view them and allow them to flash on through her
mind.  After awhile, I prayed and asked the Lord what He wished to do
with all these hurtful words buried in the memories He revealed to
her.  He showed her by healing her of the pain.  It is a wonderful
think to witness the Lord healing someone collectively as He did with
Donna that day.

     Does Jesus really heal this way today?  You'll have to decide for
yourself.  Donna knows, on the other hand, so why don't you talk to
her.

     Thanks for praying for her.  She specifically thanked echurch for
all the prayers and wanted you to know how much she appreciated your
prayers in her behalf.

     Phil.

Victory isn't something you have, it is something you are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com