Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:42:55 -0400
picked up a dell cpu at a thrift store which has a faster processor, more ram, bigger hard drive (all better than my old compaq), and has win 98 (fat 32) on it. i'd like to add the hard drive from my old computer which has win2k (ntfs) (and other data and programs that i'd like to keep) to this system, and be able to use both os on the different drives for different things. when plugged in as either primary slave or primary master with appropriate jumper settings, it shows up in bios but not in windows and always boots to the drive with win 98.  the errors that show up are either invalid boot disk or invalid partition table, mostly the latter. so, will a boot disk help, or do you think it's because it's ntfs or maybe some other problem all together? if it's because it's ntfs will i have to convert it to fat 32 and lose all the data?  if i copy the disk to cd's with ghost or something (any suggestions?) can i then return the data to the now fat 32 drive or will i have to re-load everything from scratch?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml