Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:27:53 -0500
> Well, I avoid dairy like the plague.  See Cordain's most recent
> newsletter for yet another reason why:
> http://www.thepaleodiet.com/newsletter/newsletters/PDNCourierV
ol2No5.pdf  And it appears that dairy fat may contain the highest
concentration of betacellulin.

I thought betacellulin was highest in the whey protein portion of milk?

> On a slightly different but related subject, what would one feed a
> paleo pig?
>
> Kristina

That's a good question that I wondered about in the past too. The diet of
wild boars today should give some indication:

From: All you need to know about wild boar
http://www.britishwildboar.org.uk/profile.html

Diet:

"Wild boar are omnivorous and will consume a large variety of food items.
Typically, plant material accounts for 90% of their diet and animal matter
the remaining 10%. Plant matter consists of roots, bulbs and tubers
(unearthed by rooting with their long snouts) and fruit and berries. Animal
matter can consist of mice, birds eggs, snakes, lizards, worms, beetles and
centipedes and carrion. The diet changes to accommodate seasonally available
items and forest fruits (for example, acorns, beech mast, chestnuts, olives)
are particularly important in the autumn as these protein rich foods enable
the sows to be in peak breeding condition. In times of shortage,
agricultural crops may be raided, particularly fields of maize, turnips and
potatoes." [Crops would not have been available to Paleo pigs.]