From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:18:45 -0800
>Jim
Agreed that it's low.  And, yes, it's temporary.  But
think of it this
way: When a person does a perfectly healthy water
fast, they get ZERO
calories a day for up to three weeks or more.

Jim,
Shouldn't a person on a 3-week water fast also be
resting their body?  If a person is busy with the
normal routine of life - work (school), family,
exercise, etc.  then I water fast, I do not believe,
will benefit as much as it will run the body down.
After all, operating with a calorie deficit for an
extended period of time must significantly raise
cortisol.

Mike

Never miss an email again!