Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 08:05:30 -0500
Tom Bri:
> Unfortunately I have not had the same experience. At about
> the same time I went paleo I began to think about getting
> bifocals or reading glasses. My very near vision is fine, and
> my distance vision with glasses excellent, but that annoying
> zone right at reading distance is fuzzy with the glasses on,
> and fuzzy without. So I find myself holding the book farther
> away than comfortable, or taking off the glasses and holding
> the book too close.
>
> I don't think paleo either helped or hindered.

I wouldn't think it would. I haven't heard of presbyopia (the eye's
diminished ability to focus that occurs with ageing) being improved by a
Paleo diet. The examples I gave were re: myopia and night vision. If the
Paleo diet were going to help with your vision, it would be with the
distance vision (myopia/nearsightedness).

---

So has your wife or you perused the recipes at paleofood.com or in the Paleo
Diet or NeanderThin yet? Have you gotten most of the modern foods out of
your house and replaced your recipes/cookbooks with Paleo recipes? Keeping
the modern foods out of the house is key, I think.