From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:18:37 -0800
On Jan 3, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Kristina K. Carlton wrote:

> What do you say to people that point out that there are many healthy,
> normal-weight people in this world who DO eat grains? I never have an
> argument for this one.

It's tough. From my standpoint, being homeopathically oriented, I
would say that they are not healthy - nor even that their weight is
necessarily appropriate. The seeds of all the illnesses which we see
these days expressing in folks who should not be dying of these
things are sown early on, and not apparent without some training in
what to look for.

I have very high standards for health, and can shoot holes in almost
anyone's :) But perhaps you can, too, if you get them to look at what
is possible, rather than what is the norm. It's not too hard to
uncover allergies, digestive impairments, skin conditions, joint
pain, high blood sugar, high blood pressure - and also compulsions,
depression, poor temper, poor concentration, and the like. People
accept them and ignore them, and everyone wants to think he's doing a
great job of caring for himself.

So I guess the bottom line in the argument is "How healthy?" And does
any such evidence of health in others make it okay for them to trust
their genes alone, or would they rather hedge their bets in face of
all the research that shows what grains can do?

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!