From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:27:40 +0900
On Thursday, April 7, 2005, at 12:59  PM, Lynn wrote:

> This is where I am getting confused. I have been entering my food
> intake
> into Fitday.com as a way of keeping track. Going by it's calculations,
> so
> far today I have eaten. To me, this looks like a lot of protein and
> fat.
>

> Calories Eaten Today
>
> source grams cals %total
>
> Total: 1504
>
> Fat: 95  854  58%

I don't know. When I look at your list of foods eaten the only fats I
see are from a couple of small meat patties and a drizzle of olive oil,
plus odds and ends from pistachios etc. Not much at all...?

For example, when I cook a meal of ground meat, I take about 500 grams
(over one pound) of ground pork, pour a big dollop of olive oil in the
fry pan, put the meat on top of that and pour another big dollop of oil
on top. Then I lightly fry it. Cooked, I put it on my plate and pour
all the drippings back on top of the meat, and then slather a bunch of
mayonaise on top of that. That plus veggies is one meal, or if I am not
too hungry a meal plus a snack.

I have always been a big meat eater, so that isn't unusual for me. When
I was running, training hard I might eat like this three times a day.
Now I am not running much, so once a day is enough, plus smaller meals
the other times. I have gained about 10 pounds since stopping running
last spring, but then stopped gaining. I am eating a lot more carbs and
I think that is why I gained weight, along with less exercise.