From:
Karen Fechter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:14:57 -0500
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:27:07 -0500, Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> This time, my brilliant new doctor gives me corticosteroid (Medrol) and
today I am back at work!  The lesions have not completely disappeared but
I am so damned thankful to have figured out for sure a) what causes it;
and b) how to cure it.

>Thanks to everyone for the excellent advice.  Let's just say I shall
avoid eggs for a while.  Most especially when I have a virus, am stressed,
etc!
>--

Hi Jim,

It is great to hear how well you feel now. Being sick from food makes you
feel like a human who is no longer a real human (sigh); I am glad that you
found a doc who could give you a medicine that quickly made it possible
for you to go back to work.

You say you've figured out what causes the mouth lesions and how to cure
it. I am curious, what caused the mouth lesions and how did you figure it
out? And why do you think you are cured?
To my knowledge a steroid does not cure a food intolerance - it suppresses
the symptoms. I don't know if steroids cure food allergies but it seems
unlikely. Otherwise everyone who had an allergy to for example peanuts
would take a steroid for a little while and then get back to the business
of eating peanuts. This isn't the case though - people avoid peanuts for
life if they have an allergy.

Karen