ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:19:00 -0600
Angel,

Strong's Dictionary defines Jacob as...

OT:3290
Ya` aqob (yah-ak-obe'); from OT:6117; heel-catcher (i.e. supplanter);
Jaakob, the Israelitish patriarch:

KJV - Jacob.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded
Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International
Bible Translators, Inc.)

At 02:25 AM 1/22/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>I am very skeptical of translations.  I will have to find out one day what
>the name means in the original Hebrew.  Why would a parent give a son a name
>like that in the first place, in the second, does a name truly predict one's
>character?  If it does why don't we name our children more responsibly?

Brad

   God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, not his extra