ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:14:49 -0600
Angel,

Sorry to hear about your husband's worsening condition, that has got to be
terribly difficult. As well your son's behavior. Perhaps those times of
being spoken to properly  and your positive response to that will show him
by experience how much more pleasant things can be. The leverage is been
removed or reduced though society and law for a parent to be able to
properly discipline or raise kids. So much disrespect is among  kids today
compared to years ago they grow up not knowing any differently watching
their peers get away with it. For most of us, if we spoke a cross word to
one of our parents growing up we'd have gotten a "what for" somehow and
would have known it was coming the minute we spewed it out of our mouth.
 From that leverage came the threshold of what you could get away with, and
ability to build positive relationships. It is very difficult to get that
leverage back once it is turned backwards, but with God you don't know how
he can turn it around at any time. With dad being  unable to perform his
role as parent, that unfortunately leaves you with both, at times being the
strong bold one, and yet being the compassionate and soft spoken one.

Brad