ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 23:55:53 -0800
Animals don't suffer as do we because they have no knowledge of themselves
as do we.  They have no intellect, neither do they have souls.  Thus they
suffer not in the hereafter.  Children suffer because of the legacy left by
Adam and Eve.  Another reason for a child suffering might be to set an
example of the marvelous ways silver might be refined from dross, and
goodness can shine through terrific pain.  A child's faith may be increased
through suffering as well.  This is analogous to all having to suffer death
even though we may be in a state of grace when we die and may be purged from
sin.  Death is the penalty for sin and we all must suffer a physical death
because that is the consequence of the sin of our first parents.