ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:53:07 -0500
"Well, Phil,
         The competitive perfectionist is kicking in in me,
unfortunately in response to your challenging question.  I think of a
question and then I toss it aside, telling myself that that one isn't
good enough.  Its kind of like the Jeney in the bottle thing in which
you only get one wish.  You don't want to waste it, you know?  I
mean, if I could actually experience a personal, physical, face to
face  audience with Jesus, I think that I would want whatever
question that I asked to be something that really got to the heart of
the matter, whatever that is.  So, I'm finding myself being too
picky, I suppose which is resulting in making your assignment much
more difficult than it needs to be.
         I don't think that this would be my main question, maybe,
but one thing that I would like to know is, why aren't the faithful
more tangibly rewarded with the sense of His presence?  I mean, I
know that we feel His presence, at times, but it is so little
compared with who He is.  I want so much more of Him than what I've
had so far.  I want to go deeper in, and if I never came out, that
would be okay.
Kathy