ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:48:57 -0400
Hey Phil,
        I really like this article.  It couldn't have come at a better
time.  We'll be voting on homosexual rights, for the third time, here
in Maine, this November and, unfortunately, the Christians are really
taking a beating this time.  I'm just so sick of it, but this article
is definitely a good read for those who are sitting on the
fence.  thanks for passing it along.
        Also, I agree with you that Dobson is getting too political.  That
is unfortunate because I really value a lot of what his ministry
does.  I think that he is really muddying the waters on this supreme
court nomination, for exampple.  I know that he means well.  To be
truthful, how involved the church should be in politics in general is
such a tug of war that it leves pastors getting fired on by all sides
because no one is happy with the results.  If you speak out on social
issues, you get complaints.  If you emphasize the gospel you get
accused of not being socially aware.  It makes me just want to take
my cup of coffee and go home lots of Sundays.
        As far as promise Keepers is concerned, I don't mind them that
much.  I know that they have been useful in getting a lot of men off
their buts and more active in the kingdom, so that isn't all bad.  I
suppose that the main reason, however, that I choose not to say
anything against them is because I know that the Women's Lib.
movement can't stand them and I just can't bring myself to be in
agreement with that movement, the Women's liberation, that is.  I
guess that that is a bit of my stubbornness showing through.
God bless,
Kathy