ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:51:04 -0600
the story goes this way.  We were about ready to go to church.  We
were attending a small church about three or four minutes from our
house.  I've talked about it before on the list, the church, that
is.  That morning, just before leaving for church, Sandy told me
she lost her wedding ring.  She had some of this high power super
duper cleaning fluid she had purchased from QVC that is supposed
to make your jewelry look shiny new.  This fluid is in a fairly
small container but a little plastic flat plate like thing with a
thin shaft of plastic running up the middle so you can lift the
jewelry in and out.  The plastic shaft, or stem, is used for
raising and lowering the jewelry but you can also put your rings
over it so they don't slide off as you lift them out.  Well, at
any rate, the ring was gone.  I began hunting for it there on the
vanity in the bathroom.  It was a nice day out and I quickly
started getting hot and sweaty in the small bathroom with my good
Sunday clothes on.  I normally wore a suit at that time, and
since I didn't want to get my clothing dirty, and I likewise
didn't want to take the time to change clothes, I stripped down to
just my underwear and got down on the floor and began looking.
Back in those days, we had a cat box under the vanity and that was
right over where Sandy had been cleaning her rings.  So, of
course, I looked through the cat box.  I looked in every drawer,
container, bottle, in the sink, bathtub, clothes hamper, and I
covered every square inch of the floor more than once.  Nothing.
After about an hour, I was ready to give up.  It just was not in
the bathroom.  I finally, being the big spiritual man that I am,
decided to pray.  Yep, after an hour of crawling around like an
animal in my underwear, it dawned on me I should pray about it.  I
did pray.  Something made me think of the fluid container and I
immediately rejected looking in it again.  I had looked in it a
couple of times already and the ring was not in there; absolutely
not in there.  But I did it finally again since something seemed
to tell me to do so.  No, it hadn't fallen out.  No, it wasn't
under that plastic plate I was telling you about.  It was dead
center with the stem holding it right where it should have been.
Now, you can believe me or not but that ring had not been there
the two times I had looked there before.  After praying, it was
there.  You figure it out and when you have figured it out, let me
know how the ring got there.

Phil.

Victory Isn't Something You Have; It Is What You Are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com