ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:46:15 -0600
Since this is what I do every day, not only for myself, but with others, you
already know what I believe when it comes to the power of prayer.  I had to
laugh the other day, on the other hand, when I read an article by a man I
highly admire and respect.  I don't know him personally, of course, but I am
on his mailing list and I greatly appreciate what he has to say most of the
time.  this one day, however, he told about how he prayed against one of the
hurricanes and how it veered off its course a little so didn't achieve a
direct hit.  I frankly can't recall which of the two hurricanes he was
talking about, Katrina or Rita, but it makes no difference because the
damage both of those things did, destroying not only New Orleans, but
hundreds of other smaller towns from Northwest Florida to Texas, as well as
all the oil rigs and refiners, makes me wonder why this Godly man is taking
credit for what he prayed.  By the way, my hand on the bible, I prayed, a
little bit, when Katrina was just about to hit N O dead center.  I prayed
against Rita, too.  You can see how much good I did, too.  I'm just not
stupid enough to take credit for it because there ain't nothing to take
credit for, as far as I can tell.

remember when the shuttle blew up and crashed into the Atlantic?  I forget
which it was now.  The Challenger, maybe?  I forget now.  Anyhow, my mom was
still alive back then and she called me on the phone and practically
screamed into the phone, "Philip.  turn on the TV.  Something happened to
the shuttle.  I turn the TV on and the very first thing that came to my
mind, when I heard what was going on, was that I had not even prayed for
these people and their safety.

Now there is another hurricane screwing around trying to kill and destroy
and what are we going to do about it as Bible believing, praying,
Christians?  Well, some are saying, it is God's judgment on all those
sinners.  Honey, god's judgment ain't fallen yet.  It will, and maybe sooner
than we think, and when those seven years come, this old planet will
literally rock, as Isaiah said, to and froe like a drunken man.  You realize
how much power and energy it would take to rock a planet this size, upon
which we live, even one degree?  That big 9.2 under ocean earthquake that
caused the tsunami shifted the earth on its axes, according to the
measurements they have been taking, one freaking inch.  That's nothing.
What about the 275,000 to 350,000 people who died?  what about the
Pakistani/Indian earthquake where they are saying, so far, about 80,000 have
died and hundreds and thousand more due to the lack of food and water.
God's judgment?  Not likely.  Do you remember your Bible well enough to
recall who the God of this world is?  What's his other title?  The Prince of
the power of the what?  Air?  What kind of air is that, I wonder.  Let's get
it straight up front.  Evil comes from the Evil One.  Ok?  god's judgment on
this here old planet is being stored up and one day His wrath is going to
fall like a ton of bricks on everybody and everything on this world.
Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 24:22?  A"And except those days should
be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those
days shall be shortened."  Even then, God will not pour out all his wrath
because if He did, this old world would be history.  That's right, as if it
had never existed.  Let's give credit where credit is do.  Ok?

Phil.
Oh, I See Said The Blind Man As He Picked Up The Hammer And Saw
www.RedWhiteAndBlue.org