Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:58:50 -0600
7bit
From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Marco Benson wrote:

>Am I correct when I state that game and seafood are
>the focal point of the diet, being the best lean meats available, and
>considering that lean meat with its high protein/general low fat/minimal
>saturated fat/high omega-3 contents is the main principle of the diet? Is
>it perhaps best to avoid all other sources of protein than game and seafood?
>The second mistake I made was obviously the vegetables, which devoutly
>sicken me in retrospect. I would lay broccoli, cauliflower, paprika, onion
>and similar greens on the grill alongside the meat. This was solely due to
>a perverse hankering for tastes and a generally depressed view of eating.

Actually, as the latest thread shows, paleo eaters preferentially ate
the fat and
the fattier cuts of meat, throwing the lean meats to the dogs.  You CANNOT
eat low-fat and low-carb; doing that means you are too high in lean
protein which
will make you sick.  IMHO, what you need to add to your diet are fatty
meats, grassfed or game if possible.  Choose a greater variety of vegetables
and cook them with fat, such as olive oil or coconut oil, or eat raw as
a salad
with dressing. That will enable you to stay mostly off the sweet fruits,
which your
body was desperately craving because it had too much lean protein coming in.

    Lynnet