Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:06:11 -0800
8bit
From:
Mermaid Rose <[log in to unmask]>
from a fish oil supplement website:
  DHA & EPA  The Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids make up two families of fats that are absolutely essential to human life. These essential fatty acids are important because they form important components of our cell membranes. They also regulate the body’s use of cholesterol and the production of substances that regulate nearly all other bodily processes.*

Most of the processed foods and vegetable oils we consume today have high amounts of Omega-6. But these oils have very little Omega-3. Today nutritional science is validating more and more healthful benefits that Omega-3 fatty acids can have on the human mind and body. Omega-3 fatty acids in their long-chain forms, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are both found almost exclusively in deep, cold water fish. EPA is needed to create health-promoting prostaglandins that support cardiovascular health and cell membranes throughout the body. DHA is vital for a healthy brain, eyes and reproductive system. *

The body works best when the two types of fatty acids are combined in the right proportions. Because there is evidence that people in industrialized nations have a disproportionately high intake of Omega-6 fatty acids, it is suggested that we reduce our intake of Omega-6 and increase our intake of Omega-3.   Susan: I am not sure why they say it can contribute to eczema.  I assume First Nation People (north canada, alaska) eat alot of cold water fish.  Never heard of them having issues with eczema.  I may be wrong, just that i have not heard it.    Love & Peace
  Lillian

Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  EPA in large quantities can contribute to eczema.
Please tell me what is EPA?

Paleobest,
Susan

Lillian Alicia