Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 20:35:13 -0400
Fellow Paleo Tribe,

I just finished reading the book by Dr. Kilmer McCully entitled "The Heart
Revolution".

Although the eating program he recommends is not truly paleo, it is very
similar to the South Beach Diet - no to low sugars and processed foods,
allowing whole grains in moderation, a lot of fruits and vegetables and
natural meats, some dairy.  He does talk about cave men and how and why they
enjoyed better health.

I have no intention of following his food plan, but for most Americans it is
a huge step forward from the way they are eating now.

However, what I find most interesting in this book is another refutation of
the cholesterol as a cause of heart disease religion within the medical
community.  He has done extensive research on high levels of homocysteine as
a cause of hardening of arteries, arterial plaque build up, inflammation,
and increases in the level of LDL.  This book is written for lay people, but
he gives a good amount of detail on the cellular level.

He was denied research grants and almost drummed out of the
scientific/medical community because he dared to challenge the
cholesterol/heart disease/high fat  belief system.  What a shame that it
took 30 years for his more correct ideas to begin to affect the medical
community.

I wanted to share because his book added to my knowledge and my conviction
that we are on the right track!

Paula H.