Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 17:21:45 -0500
On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:01, Mike Weis wrote:

><<No, there are only 4 minutes between classes and sometimes things
>need to be taken care for setting up for the next class.  Besides,
>students aren't allowed to have food in class I usually will not eat
>in front of students during class.>>
>
>Michael, I don't want to let this one drop so easily because I hear
>echoes in you of excuses I used to make. You can eat a few nuts
>between classes. You can eat rais
>Believe me, I'm not saying it's easy, but options do, in fact, exist
>that don't require going hours on end with nothing if you really need
>to snack.

 Yes, Mike's right, you CAN always find time and make opportunities.  BUT, is it Paleo?  Human
food consumption in the Pleistocene would have been driven by exigencies different from ours
today.  After a big kill there would have been plenty of meat and even the opportunity for a hearty
breakfast of 'leftovers'.  When people were hungry, they would have continued hungry for hours or
days.  When there were out stalking or hunting they would come across fruit, nuts, edible insects,
lizards, roots etc. and would have consumed these raw if hungry till the hunt bore success.
Fluctuation, variety and exteme irregularity (by Western standards) are Paleo.  Having and eating
food whenever you feel like it is definitely not.  So even though some Paleo eaters on this list
prefer one large meal and others prefer to graze, the Paleo way would be to mix them irregularly -
not because of any beleif, but because there little choice.  There are probably social and
psychological features that go with each of these eating regimens, too.  Eating a large meal would
have been a slow and extended repast taken in company whereas nibbles and snacks would more
often have been without ceremony and taken alone.  Mood is said to affect digestion.

Keith