Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mike Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:01:03 -0400
<<No, there are only 4 minutes between classes and sometimes things
need to be taken care for setting up for the next class.  Besides,
students aren't allowed to have food in class I usually will not eat
in front of students during class.>>

Michael, I don't want to let this one drop so easily because I hear
echoes in you of excuses I used to make. You can eat a few nuts
between classes. You can eat raisins. You can eat a banana. In fact,
you can have whatever you want. You can even keep little jars of pure
baby food your drawer and down them between classes if you want to.
YOU are not a student. You are a TEACHER. The fact that students
aren't allowed to have food in class doesn't have anything to do with
what you, as the teacher are or are not allowed to do. What does the
school policy say about teachers eating in the classroom...in the
hallways...in the bathrooms.

And let's say you didn't want to do it in front of them. Then go to
the bathroom. The time in between classes is as much your time as it
is theirs. If you need time to take a break, then take it. The
students can always talk to you later if they really need to.

Believe me, I'm not saying it's easy, but options do, in fact, exist
that don't require going hours on end with nothing if you really need
to snack.

Mike W