Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 00:02:24 +0100
From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Apr 07, 2005, at 5:47 am, Lynn Davis wrote:
> I will try adding meat to each meal and see how that goes.  What type
> of breakfast items does everyone eat?  Eggs are not an option for me,
> they don't agree with me anymore.  That is why I went the fruit route.
>  In the past, I would have eaten toast or oatmeal for breakfast if I
> even ate breakfast.  I have never been a stickler for eating only meat
> at dinner, so adding it to breakfast shouldn't be a problem.   Just
> attempting to eat three meals a day is a difference for me.  Trying to
> change the bad habit of not eating all day until late at night then
> eating a large meal.

Lynn

You are going the opposite way to me!  I used to eat frequently (and
NEEDED to eat frequently) when I ate high-carb.  Now I rarely eat
before 6pm.  My energy levels are better this way, despite my adrenal
fatigue, and I eat less overall.  Eating infrequently is decidedly more
paleo than grazing- humans are hunters, and hunts come either as whole
animals or not at all (the exceptions being fruit and nut seasons when
calories can be consumed more frequently).  It is also one of the two
proven ways to reduce aging (the other being calorific restriction).
Just google for "intermittent fasting"- I'm sure it's been discussed
here before.  Dig a little deeper and you can find research on the
bodies adaptations to the fast/feed cycle (as opposed to the
feed/feed/feed cycle).

Also, my tip to you is to go out and buy as much of the juiciest,
fattest meat you can carry (go buy two whole ducks!) and eat until you
feel like bursting.  This will give you the feeling I call
"fat-fullness" as opposed to "carb-fullness", which is much shorter
lived.  And remember it can take a month or more for the body to return
to ketosis.

Regards
Ashley