From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:54:39 -0700

Las Vegas was a different story.  We stayed at the MGM and on my  last
visit Wolfgang Pucks was wonderful.  The day that we went the  service
was terrible.  I think they had a new server and we ended up  leaving.
There was also a lot of loafs of fresh bread stacked around that  made me
nervous.  They were coated in white flour and just stacked in  corners
where the food was prepped.  The manager was very nice and asked  us to
stay but we were on a tight schedule that day and only had a window  of
time in order for us to eat.  So, we left and from the comments  we
overheard while waiting to be served and others waiting to talk to  the
manager, I am glad we did.  This new server was really too green to  be
working at such a busy establishment right at dinner time.
We did have  a great meal at the Rain Forest Cafe there and the manager
was very  helpful.  We ate all meals either with food I had packed or
from the  snack bar by the pool.  They precook  the foods in the morning
and  everything is done separately.  We did not get sick and my son is
very  sensitive.  We had ice cream at cold stone at Excalibur.   The
manager at Coldstone got a new scooper and dished directly into a  cup.
They did this at Haagen Daaz too at the MGM.  We also had a nice  meal at
the regular cafe at the MGM that is open 24 hours.  They were  great and
I had a steak, my son had a baked potato and part of my steak and  we
ordered fresh fruit and vegetables without the seasoning.  The  waitress
was very nice and knew about celiac, so we left her a nice  tip.

They now have a Whole Foods there and they have a Trader Joes.   There
is an Outback on the strip and we were ok eating out a few meals  and
eating in the others.  I packed gf meats, cheeses and brought cereal  and
gf salad dressings.  So, I ate a lot of salad and lettuce  wraps.  My son
ate mostly fruit, cereal and burgers from the snack bar  at the pool.  We
spent a lot of time at the pool as they have a lazy  river there.

Thanks for all the input from everyone.  And sorry I  don't know much
about the Mirage.  Other than I heard their buffet is  supposed to be
great.

P.F. Changs is at Aladdin.  Awesome!  They have a GF menu.   We ordered
breakfast from room service, eggs, etc.  We ate in the nicer  resturants, I
remember 1 at the aladin (we stayed there) was really really  good.  We also
ate at
the buffet there and did pretty well.  I brought  gf cereal with me and
pretzels, and some other snacking items to  supplement.  I am the type of
person that
doesn't want to ask for special  things at restaurants, so I tried to stick
with what was safest.  Most  people will be accommodating, so just ask and I
am
sure they can help you  out.  You can walk everywhere, or take the tram
which
if I remember  correctly leaves from Excalibur.  A lot of the hotels are
connected.   Cabs are cheap and abundant, so if it is too far, try that.
Good
luck, we  had a blast.

A couple of people recommended going to
www.goodhealthpublishing.com for their list of
restaurants that accomodate gluten free dining
and also recommended their dining cards.