From:
Pamela Aronson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Aronson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:00:59 -0500

Sorry I did not respond earlier with the responses to my question with
regard to anyone's experiences with traveling to Aruba gf.  I returned
from my one week honeymoon in Aruba and wanted to report...

First of all, a few people responded to my question indicating that they
had been there or were interested in going there and recommended the
usually safe steam/plain chicken, veggies, etc..

My experience overall was good. I have been gf my entire life(I am 26 and
was diagnosed when I was 1., so I have traveled extensively and always
eaten out my whole life.

 We stayed at the Marriott timeshare, so we had our own kitchen and we
bought lots of groceries so that I would always have food. The grocery
stores and hotel shops(though VERY expensive) had all the brands that I
normally use(Kraft, Conagra,etc). So I bought Kraft Cheese, lachoy soy
sauce, Kraft dressing, salad, veggies, chocolate(m&Ms and snickers), brown
rice, etc to have in the timeshare. i also brought some of my own pasta.
we ate at a thai restaruant one night, they cooked my fried rice with only
veg oil and no soy sauce. we ate at the marriott hotel, where they gave me
a plain hamburger, salad, and potato with no spices. We also went fishing
one day and caught lots of fish which we cooked up our self on our grill(i
felt good that day knowing that it was really fresh:)

The best day was Thanksgivng. We went to Sunset Beach Bistro, where the
exec chef, Edwin, went over every menu item with me on the buffet and
specially made me a fruit plate, steamed snapper,etc..I was very impressed
with the service here and would HIGHLY recommend this place if you go to
Aruba. i was also able to eat the potato au gratin, green beans, turkey,
etc..

I had no stomachaches or any probs while in Aruba, but I must also point
out that I have had celiac for along time, and might not react to even
some gluten as much as another individual.

overall, we ate out a lot, and i got the usual grilled chicken,etc. Also,
there were places that(when I was craving french fries) brought out the
bag with ingredients on it for me to read and i could have them!

if anyone has any specific questions about places, let me know. overall,
good experience eating gf!