From:
jeri deninger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jeri deninger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:17:06 -0500

Way back in May 2004 I started having trouble with my stomach. I had some
tests done by my regular physician and nothing came up.  My chiropractor
mentioned that I may have a gluten intolerance.  I got some info. and tried
not to eat gluten and felt better. I had a Food Antibody Assessment IgE and
IgG done at Great Smokies Dianostic lav and nothing showed up for wheat, rye
or gluten.  My chiropracter called them and they admitted that the gluten
sensitivity test was being updated. So I continued to not eat gluten as much
as possible.
In Oct. of 2005 while being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue and Lyme disease,
another doctor had me have a Gluten Sensitivity Test done by Enterolab
(stool test).
My fecal Antigliadin IgA was above normal by 5 units.
Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA was normal as well as Microscopic
fecal Fat Score.
HLA-DQ Gene Moleculasr analysis was HLA-DQB1*0201,0301. The report said that
I have a dietary gluten sensitivity and that I have a genotype containing
the main gene that predisposes to gluten sensitivity and celiac sprue.
On to Sept. 2006.  I went to my allergist and he did some testing for food
allergies as well. They did a MCS IgE Specific/total and got no reaction to
gluten, slight for soybeans and moderate for cows milk.
Can anyone explain what is going on?  I have been putting off a biopsy
because I have a strong feeling that it will be negative and I don't want to
go through it.

I would appreciate any feedback?

Thanks,
Jeri