Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:03:15 -0600

More responses:

In the US: Incidence is 14.6-50.8 cases per 100,000 people
This is from http://www.emedicine.com/neuro/topic360.htm

I have met one woman who nearly died of "lupus" and finally discovered that she really had CD. She will probably never recover completely.

There is some information on Lupus in The Gluten File - scroll down to the 4th post http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2132 TGF is an informational post that is part of the Gluten Sensitivity/Celiac Disease forum of Braintalk communities. You do not have to register to read.
((((I went to this link-- Highly interesting ))))
Hi, I have been diagnosed with lupus, but I am still skeptical of the
diagnosis because my joint pain and swelling arthritis disappeared on a
strict GFCF diet.  I truly think the milk part of that equation was more
important than the gluten.  I don't have celiac, I have gluten intolerance,

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (1990) and then 2yrs. later,
DH/Celiac....BUT, the GFdiet helped my MS drastically back in the day....
My daughter was diagnosed and treated for Lupus in her late 20"s.  The illness did not appear to progress and responded to plaquinel and cortisone.  The facial rash she had on both sides of her nose seemed to remit when she became pregnant.  She was taken off the meds during pregnancy as she was told the body produces extra natural cortisone during pregnancy.  She did not resume the medication after having her child.  In the meantime, I was diagnosed with CD and it was suggested that my entire family be tested.  My daughter tested positive on the blood tests and had the endoscopy which was also positive,  She went GF.  She never had Lupus.  It was a misdiagnoses.  She had Celiac Disease.  The facial rash disappeared as did the other Lupus like symptoms.

 I was diagnosed with anemia, hypoglycemia, osteoporosis, rosacea, lupus, sjogren's syndrome, raynaud's syndrome, and brain atrophy before being diagnosed with celiac disease.  The lupus was called mild - because no major organs were affected.  Once I was diagnosed with celiac, the lupus diagnosis was dismissed as an error.  After 3 years gluten free, I don't have symptoms of many of these diseases except sjogren's (dry eyes, dry mouth) and brain atrophy (which has some affect, but not debilitating), and mild rosacea.

*******
*******