From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 06:34:12 -0500
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 00:31, Theola Walden Baker wrote:

> [...]

The article is specifically about the rise in Type 1 diabetes.  As to the cause, my bet is on a viral
infection of the pancreas, but I have no evidence for this. And as to why the rise should strike
now, well, we know we have stuffed up the Pleistocene environment so much, the odds are on the
cause being in there somewhere.

Keith