ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:52:45 -0600
Good one Karen.  Thanks for sharing.

Vicki

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karen Carter" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 12:34 PM
Subject: [ECHURCH-USA] The Disenfranchiesed

> Remember this when ever Someone does not meet up to your standards or you
fill left out or have a very small congragation.

> Sam attended a church of disenfranchised people.  The tiny building is in
an affluent suburb where most of the people live in newer houses and drive
cars less than five years old.  When I visited Sam's church I couldn't help
but notice that most of the cars in the parking lot were really old many wre
wrecked or rusting.    Inside the building it was apperent that most church
members were surely out of step in this community,.  How did all these
people find this church, I wondered.I didn't have to wait long for my
answer.  The service was one of the most anointed, Holy Spirit-filled
services I have ever attended.  The passion for God was almost palpable in
that place.
>      "Accept one another, than just as Christ accepted you, in order to
bring praise to God." Paul wrote to the Romans.  He was urging them to
embrace the Gentiles, the most sienfranchised people of his day, people who
would not be allowed to participate in the good news of the Kingdow unless
the jews moved out of their "affluent suburb" mentality.  Let me not forget,
Lord, that I am a Gentile--a disenfranchised one--except for the power of
the gospel of hope.     _Bonnie Perry