ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:24:08 -0600
I was reading in John 20 this morning.  Wonder why it is that when Jesus was
in the tomb, John and Peter looked in and saw the grave clothes.  But Mary
saw the two angels.  Maybe I should read the other accounts too.  Wonder if
those angels appeared after Peter and John left or if Peter and John they
had selective vision.

Another thing that I discovered, according to The Message,, besides the
grave clothes, Jesus body was wrapped in 75 pounds of spices.  Or at least
that's how much was carried for his burial.  That makes the resurrection
more of a miracle in my mind.  Guess I just pictured Jesus getting unwrapped
from all that cloth.  But with the weight of all those spices, after such
intense physical trauma nobody could just revive from some dazed stupor and
be walking around.  Just my un-technical quick observations.

Vicki