ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:22:43 -0600
A traveling salesman pulled up to this farmer one day trying to sell him
his goods and he noticed this pig with a prosthetic leg.  The farmer seemed
interested in the products the salesman had to sell, but the pig kept
running around, prosthetic leg and all, it didn't seem to hinder him at
all, darting to and fro and playing about the yard all the while the
salesman occasionally glancing over at the excited pig running around with
that prosthetic leg, while the two men conversed over the products. Finally
the salesman with his curiosity to a boil he said to the farmer,

"So, what is the story with that pig over there anyway?"

The farmer said,

"Hmm what? Oh, that pig running around?"

The salesman said,

"Yeah, what is his story anyway?"

The farmer said,

"Well one day my daughter tripped over a stone and dangled half over the
opening of an old abandoned well. That pig grabbed her by the pant leg and
dragged her to safety, he literally saved my daughters life."

The salesman said,

"That's amazing wow, he must be a smart pig, but that isn't what I was
referring..."

The farmer interrupted,

"And that's not all, one day my wife was hanging laundry out on the line
and a bear came out of the woods and began to advance towards my wife and
the pig hobbled over to the bear, fought it off, and the bear went
scampering off in the woods."

The salesman said,

"Holy cow really? Wow that is really amazing, that indeed is not your
average pig. But again that isn't what I was trying to get..."

The farmer interrupted again,

"And then there was the time that pig..."

The salesman interrupted,

"Sir, please, what I was trying to ask is why does that pig have a
prosthetic leg?"

The farmer said,

"Oh that. That is what you wanted to know"

"Well"

said the farmer with a smile,

"A pig that amazing? You don't eat a pig like that all at once"