AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anita Makuluni <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:40:14 +0000
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Dear AAM list subscribers,

We sometimes get reports that postings do not reach the list. When we hear about it, we can try to track down the cause. So please be sure to let the list moderators know when you have a problem.

One trick for avoiding bounced messages to the list relates to messages that build up over time in the course of a discussion. When you reply to a post, please quote only the part of the original message that relates to your response.

Leaving information from the "header" of the messages...the email addresses etc. at the top of the message can cause "hiccups" in the system.

So, including the original message in your reply is okay as long as you only quote the part that relates to your response. That will greatly increaase the chances that your reply will be heard instead of getting sent to the moderators of the list as an error in posting.

I hope this makes sense. I'm working on only one cup of tea so far today and no coffee, so please let me know if this is unclear.

In the meantime, happy posting!
Anita