VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:01:09 -0700
7bit
From:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
In addition to the good advice given already, you can transfer messages you
want to keep onto your local computer.  This serves two good purposes.
First off, it marks the network server version of the email as to be
deleted, which can free up space, and it also makes the copy locally
available to you even if the network is down.

Another fix you may need is to purge your deleted messages.  Outlook marks
messages for deletion, but doesn't actively purge them from the server.  To
purge them you must open the Edit menu and hit enter on "purge deleted
messages".  I do this once a day.  It only takes a millisecond and frees up
tons of space from spam and unwanted messages.

Bill