Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:15:33 -0500

For those of you in North Texas, please join us at the next NTGIG meeting
on Saturday, January 7.  Location is HEB Harris Hospital, 1600 Hospital
Parkway, Bedford, TX.  If you are newly diagnosed, please plan on
attending the Celiac 101 class at 9AM.  Please pre-register at

After a brief business meeting at our 10AM regular meeting start time, we
will show a good portion of Dr. Fasano’s speech he did in May, 2005 when
he was a guest of Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, speaking on the Zonulin
research his research center has been working on for the past few years.
His research is the groundwork for a “pill” that we celiacs may have
available to us in the future.  The hope is that the pill will block the
gluten molecules from entering into the gut allowing us to eat gluten and
not have any damage or side affects.  This will lead into our first talks
about the walk for celiac awareness that we will hold in May, 2006 at
Legacy Park in Arlington, TX.  As our race coordinator, David Kline will
speak on the success of past walks and what our goal will be to make this
year’s walk a tremendous success.

After this presentation, we will discuss how to travel and eat out
successfully while staying gluten free.  We will ask for your
participation in a group discussion.  This should be a audience
participation session and we welcome your input.

We will also highlight mixes from Made by Mona.  If you are willing to
volunteer to make one of her mixes for the meeting, please let me know at

Betty Barfield, President, North Texas GIG
www.northtexasgig.com