Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:12:20 -0700

One of the things I missed after my daughter's diagnosis - between
gymnastics, baseball, or whatever direction we were running in, was the
convenience of quickie foods (like grabbing a pizza on the way home,
etc.).  However, this is a very small price to pay for the health of my
daughter, and I've learned that eating gluten free really is a wonderful
way to "cut out the crap" if you will.  However, I'm still pleased when
I see a convenience food that is clearly labeled gluten free come our way.

I stumbled onto Alexia Foods in the health food section (in frozen
foods) of our grocery store.  We tried a few different varieties of the
frozen potatoes and they are really quite good.  Tonight I threw
together kabobs and as a side of Alexia Sweet Potato Hanna Gold Julienne
Fries with Sea Salt and a salad.    They really were tasty. Sure I could
have easily made these myself but the ease of pulling them out of the
freezer and into the oven was sheer pleasure.

On their webite at www.alexiafoods.com, they give the following as their
list of gluten free foods.  However, the sweet potatoes weren't on
there, but do clearly state they are so on the packaging.

Q: Are any of your products gluten free?
A: Alexia Julienne Fries, Rissole Potatoes, Organic Oven Crinkles and
Morning Fries, Mashed Potatoes, Oven Fries & Oven Reds are gluten free.
top <http://www.alexiafoods.com/faq/faq_main.htm#top>

Just wanted to pass this along as an alternative.  Joyce in Oregon