VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:26:06 -700

Dan,
Talking Signs is not, not, not patented the standard is in an
ansi standard and any manufacturere can enter the field as long
as he meets the frequency and modulation specs.

Nobody is forcing any agency to install anything, we're just
trying to get a cross modal wide area demonstration project setup
to show how much great access can be had when everything works
together and the same way.

I agree about patents they are the perview of the ignorant or the
very specialized.

Everybody thinks patents protect your whacky idea.

This is not the case, all they do is give you a leg to stand on when you
sue somebody who got to market faster or cheaper than you did.

The trouble we've had with some prospective manufacturer of some
of our ideas, not including Talking Signs, is that they demand an
exclusive license before they'll look at a product.

the cowardice of capitalism is what I call it.

Tom

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered

    Send comments on list operation to
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]