From:
Gordon Totty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:53:32 -0500
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 14:43:33 -0700, Peter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>May I recommend that you run ipconfig from a CMD window instead of doing
>Start/Run. That way you will see what shows up. By redirecting the output to
>a file "> foo.txt" as an example, the foo.txt file WILL be created. If you
>run it from the Start/Run method, then foo.txt will probably be located in
>the WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder. You could give the full path to the destination
>such as "ipconfig /all . C:\temp\foo.txt" and then you will know exactly
>where the file is located. Sometimes we forget that the user may not be
>familiar with the command line applications. Hope this helps.
>
>Peter

Thank you, Peter.  I now have foo.txt output, but ran into a glitch with transferring it to this machine (no floppy drive here).  I can transfer it if it is crucial, but first a comment and then some questions.

Tonight is the first time my daughter's machine accessed the Internet without a reboot.  Earlier today, I was experimenting with my new found "fix" (running diagnostics on her wireless card) and for the first time that fix failed me.  What the diagnostics were doing was disconnecting the card for a moment and then I'd connect to the WAP again.  I found that to be much quicker than a reboot.

Anyhow, I ran ipconfig with output to "foo.txt" tonight, after the successful connection, and don't see any clues in the data saved but for a couple of questions:

Should both IP Routing and WINS Proxy be not enabled?  They are not enabled.

The only other thing I picked up is that I changed the Internet sharing host computer and neglected to set up Internet sharing again.  So, my daughter's computer thinks the host is my last computer, not my current computer.  Could that be the source of our difficulty?

Thanks again for all help.

Gordon Totty