Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 19:14:56 -0700
> From: "Kevin Eifler"
> > I'd like to ask around here and get some
> perspectives
> >from others as to what they figure the proportion
> of meat in their average
> meals are. Can anyone
> >share some numbers?

I have no idea the %protein, %carbs, %fat of what I
eat.  I have an idea of the grams of protein of each
meal and I try to minimize carbs.  I usually eat some
carbs every third or fourth day.  When I do eat them I
try to keep the carbs to 20 g per snack/meal and might
have carbs twice in that day.  I make sure to include
fat with every  meal.  I find that olive oil isn't
sufficient, I have a need for a moderate amount of
saturated fat.

I have gotten into the routine of exercising pretty
intensely in the morning right after I wake up.
Therefore I eat a substantial breakfast.  I walk for
1/2 - 1 hour most days and stretch for about 1/2 hour.

Breakfast:
   2 or 3 five-ounce 85/15 sirloin/hamburger patties,
    cooked in olive oil.  I usually dab
    off some of the fat after cooking
   1 - 2 T of ghee, or dipped in dripping from baked
      chicken
   1/4 cup of pine nuts (usually if just 2 hamburger

      patties)

Lunch
 8 ounces of lamb, pork chop, beef heart, or beef stew
 1 cup of broth from beef heart or beef stew
(sometimes)
 ghee (if beef heart or beef stew)

Afternoon (if there will be more than about six hours
between lunch and dinner)
  4-6 ounces chicken or cornish hen (dipped in
drippings or a little ghee)
sometimes a cucumber

Dinner
  (1 cup of broth from beef heart or beef stew)
  6 - 12 ounces lamb, pork (with the fat)
  some left over chicken, cornish hen
  cooked veggie (1)
      greens cooked in olive oil and ghee
      steamed broccoli
      onion/pepper long-simmered in olive oil
      zucchini or yellow squash

sometimes about 2 hours before bed
   left over meat without much fat.

I occasionally have baked winter squash, kiwi or
plums.
I will sometimes drink some diluted cherry juice
concentrate before going to bed.

I used to eat a lot of duck and goose for dinner or
lunch but I can't find it this time of year.

I have a lot of food intolerances and also have fairly
high energy needs therefore I do not deviate much from
what I find works for me.  This meal plan has evolved
over the summer and has been fairly constant for about
5 weeks.

Mike Raiti