C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:33:11 +0000
On Thursday 23 Mar 2006 20:10, Anthony Arnold wrote:
> Friends,
>

> For sometime, I have wanted to throw out this question, but I have a gag
> reflex, which causes the dentist to have to put me under for any dental
> work, and I'm just wondering if this is common for adults with cerebral
> palsy?  Another problem I'm experiencing due to the licensing for dentists,
> there are very few of them willing to travel to the OR to conduct work?
> Has anyone experienced this also?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Anthony
>
> Visit my website at  <http://www.anthonyarnold.net> www.anthonyarnold.net

Hi Anthony,

I used to have a General Anaesthetic for dental work, but I found a dentist
brave enough to give it a go without, she can tell when I'm going to gag and
pauses slightly until it passes. I try to phase out the brain while in the
chair, its a really weird feeling.

Before I found this dentist I used to get referred to Dental teaching
hospitals, but you tend to find they're a bit too keen to do just a bit more
work while you're out cold!!

Cheers

Deri