C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:39:57 -0700
Anthony,

The hyperactive gag reflex is something I've had my entire life, but I
always thought it was related to my hydrocephalus; several people I know
with hydro have hyperactive gag reflexes because of the way the pressure
influences the way their brain is situated in their skulls.

The problem of dentists with full hospital privileges is fairly common.

You may want to look for an oral surgeon who'd be willing to do general
dentistry in your case.  Oral surgeons generally have the necessary
hospital credentials for that.  That may make it easier to get insurance
to cover the treatment, too.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950