C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:53:11 -0800
absolutely right, Kendall. Gee whiz!

A week ago I tuned into the comedy channel, and there was Carlos Mencia,
and he did jokes about everybody, had several about disabled folks. I was
laughing so hard... I really liked the message behind his jokes... one
involved a theme park where he had stood in line to go on a ride for hours,
and when his turn came to get in, they wheeled a man with cp up... Carlos
started talking to the man like, sir, do you want equality? and other well
thought out questions, in the end they rode that ride and every ride
together 4 times. I got to hand it to Carlos, it reminded me of the time my
dad his wife and I were going back to Chicago, and dad kept thinking I
should go in line first (our flight got bumped) and I kept telling him, dad
I'm ok, I'm in a chair, so you shouldn't ask for special favors, on the
other hand my dad has a bad back and HE needed to not be standing in line.
But as I was saying, Carlos was very respectful, and the man really
appreciated him because he said, you know, most people do not see me, they
see the chair... But he said the other people were looking at him, thinking
he was mean...

Hi Carla! I just got a microwave/convection oven. got any advice?

Mag

Come visit my new store! http://www.cafepress.com/TamarMag
visit my Blog at; http://tamarmag-newsletters.blogspot.com/