AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ALIKO SONGOLO <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:55:35 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

The correct spelling is NDOMBOLO, and it is not a song, but a style of
music and  dance, invented at about the time Laurent-Désiré Kabila took
power in the D.R. Congo in 1997. The dance is supposed to imitate his
manner of walking, but there have been many variations since.
AS

Aliko SONGOLO <[log in to unmask]>
Professor
 - Dept. of French & Italian
 - Dept. of African Languages & Literature
 Van Hise Hall
University of Wisconsin
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI  53706