VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:21:54 -0700
Hi to all.

Candy, you did not indicate which screenreader you were using or which
version of Windows you are using.  I will do my best to answer your question
with the understanding that I am using JAWS with Windows XP.

With that out of the way, I can tell you that I agree with your
sentiments--with JAWS it can be more difficult to read the System Restore
screen.  What I do is tab down until I am sitting on the "Previous Day"
button.  I then use my up and down arrows (usually the former to tell me if
there any restore points created for today's date.  If not, I press the
"Previous Day" button.  This button actually takes me back to the last
restoration point on the computer.  Using the up and down arrows, I can then
find the time(s) that are available on that day.  It should be noted that
these times, though clickable, cannot be reached via the tab key so you will
have to rely on your arrow keys.  Click where it says "Clickable" and you
have chosen that restore point.  Then press alt+n and you will get the
warning screen that tells you to shut down all of your programs before
proceeding.  After pressing the "OK" button here, close all programs
(including your screenreading software) before pressing "alt+n" again to
start the actual restoration.

I hope this helps.  To all, take care.

Ted Chittenden