VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ron Burzese <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Burzese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:36:43 -0600
Hello everyone!

For the last year, my computer has been making a low, moaning sound. It sounds like the bassline in the beginning of the song, Let the Good Times Roll, by The Cars.

Yesterday, it was getting worse. Even when my PC is in stand-by mode, I could still hear it moaning with a pattern. Today, it is running fine, but just now, I think I hear it moaning at a lower volume, but more with an even tone.

Any ideas? I have a fan running at the back of the tower and one at the front. My computer is a little sluggish, but that has seemed to have started when I downloaded an update about three weeks ago. This led me to get JAWS 6.0 because 5.0 quit reading my Outlook Express e-mails. It read the inbox list just fine.

I have more questions, but I will wait before posting.

Thanks y'all!

Ron Burzese

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---