VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Severine Renard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Severine Renard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:02:14 +0200
Hi John,
About 3 months ago, I made the same request to this list, and did not get any reply.
In my experience, File Maker Pro is an hopeless case! I lost a job because of its inaccessibility!
Your only chance is, if you can access the databases through an HTML interface. In order to do this, I think the
databases must be written in a certain way. If you search in the File Maker Pro Documentation, it is mentioned there how
to access your FileMaker pro files using an HTML Interface.
I also tried to use an application called Hot Spot Clicker which, provided you have some sighted help, and you don't
have to use too many different screens in File Maker Pro could help you. But it will take time to costomize each screen.
I may be able to tell you a bit more. You can try to skype me at severine_renard but I won't be much available the
coming week.
If you can at all avoid FileMaker Pro, that would be best for you. But I hope you'll have more luck than I did!

All the best,
Séverine